One of my favorite credit cards, the SPG Business credit card from American Express is offering an extremely generous sign-up bonus of 35,000 points if you apply through March 28, 2018.
The required spend is $7,000 within three months, so including the bonus, you’d be sitting on (at a minimum) 42,000 points.
Why should you get this card?
- SPG points are some of the most valuable transferable points available. They partner with over 30 airlines and offer a 25% transfer bonus when transferring 20,000 points.
- We know that Marriott has acquired SPG. We know that American Express will continue to issue business cards. We don’t know however, how the SPG and Marriott programs will be combined. We also don’t know when this specific card will stop being issued. In my opinion, get it sooner rather than later.
- It will NOT count against Chase 5/24 rule as this is a business card (although you don’t need to have a business to get the card).
- You get multiple perks:
- Sheraton Club Lounge access any time you stay at a Sheraton property (regardless of if you pay using this card). While the lounges vary in quality – they always offer a hot breakfast, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and complementary beverages. Overseas they can offer some exquisite spreads and sometimes have free alcohol.
- Two elite qualifying stays and five elite qualifying nights towards status each year
- Unlimited Boingo WiFi
- Complimentary in-room premium internet access
- The $95 fee is waived for the first year.
- On the low end, the bonus of 35,000 points is worth ~$800
While this is a great bonus offer, the value of SPG points makes this card my go to for all my non-bonused spend. You might as well get it while the bonus is hot and make it part of your suite of credit cards. Last year I was able to redeem 40,000 SPG points for 50,000 Alaska MileagePlan miles which I then used to book a Cathay Pacific business class flight from JFK – HKG – MLE with a 10 day stopover in Hong Kong. This flight priced out at $5,623.34 giving me a per point value on my SPG points of ~$0.14. It is redemptions such as this that make the Amex SPG Business card one of my favorite credit cards currently available.
To apply, click here: Apply for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
In the interest of full disclosure, we will earn a referral bonus for anyone that is approved from the link above. These are publicly available offers and all claims made in this post as of the posting date can be found in the offer language for the card. We only provide the best publicly available offers and thank you for your continued support.